Thursday, April 2, 2009

Body Harvest


The year is 2016. An alien bug force is quickly harvesting human bodies for their own gain and you are the only one hope that remains to stop them!Last night I started playing Body Harvest for the N64. It has been over 8 years since my last adventure with this title. The reason (or excuse) why I did not save the world the first time was due to me saving the game at a point where the aliens had over 90% of their required human harvested bodies for that particular world. So when loading the game each time I last about 20 min before the world becomes black and stormy, and I inevitably fall on my knees and die. I will not make the same mistake twice and will prove this to you by providing updates on the status of my quest as much as possible.

Body Harvest -------Day 1
So the game starts by Station Omega dropping me off in Greece with a simple objective of exploring the immediate area. I receive a 3rd person view with the option to perform a huge zoom out while outside (a beautiful feature, plus I can rotate the camera a full 360). During the game I spend about 70% of my time in a vehicle, %20 inside buildings, caves, etc, and the last 10% walking around outside (not often since this is not safe and I it makes for very limited mobility).In my 2 hrs of game play last night I destroyed 2 out of 3 Bug Processors(Mother bugs) in Greece. Before fighting the processors I was required to solve several Zelda like puzzles such as breaking a wind mill to get a mechanical cog for the river man, and lighting a statue's torch on fire to provide needed tunnel access. This was a great start as very few humans were killed/harvested. Oh, and I found an unusual weapons crystal. Ok folks, Wish me luck tonight during my last chapter in Greece.

Body Harvest -------Day 2
Greece is safe! This last chapter of the first world was crawling with bugs...I know because I was there and have the rune piece from ancient times to prove it. And yes, I found this piece in the submerged city of Atlantis. Without a doubt the highlight of this journey was fighting the final boss, or the shield generator of Greece. I fought this giant crab on a wide area land mass while navigating on my very own Omega Station hovercraft. Good Times! But please don't forget the air battles with my fighter jet.Next stop equals Java in 1941. That's right, with each world we go back 20 or 25 years in time (this is the frequency of time the aliens attack). Wish me luck!

1 comment: